Friday, June 29, 2007

UNIT II- Self and Unit Evaluation

SELF AND UNIT EVALUATION
1. What are the 3 aspects of the assignment I've submitted that I am most proud of? I enjoyed this unit because for some reason it is a bit easier to understand. I would have to say that my Exercise lab is my strongest work. I seriously had a fun time looking back at the cardiovascular system and interpreting it into why each of my metabolic rates increased. The other two would be the compendium reviews. I also took the time to research and find different quotes to add to my reviews. Basically everything I do I should be proud of because these assignments are time consuming and take a lot of effort.
2. What 2 aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement? It's hard to say because for each assignment I try and follow the requirements to complete each one thoroughly.
3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit? Since this is the second review and I understand what to expect from your grading. I would have to say, once again, with all the hours, thinking, activities, and concentration it takes to complete these units, I would hope to get an A.
4. How could I perform better in the next unit? I think the last evaluation I said time management, which again I would have to admit is my down fall. Working and another summer class, takes A LOT of my time each day. Some days I feel I need a break, but its not always a good idea!!
Unit Questions
1. At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course? I have mentioned this several times, but it would have to be the Exercise Lab. Integrating the unit review into the exercises was interesting and fun.
2. At what moment did you feel most distanced from the course? For some reason I have to get used to the on line lab functions, before I plug in information.
3. What action did anyone take during this unit that you found most affirming and helpful? The emails you send are encouraging and good reminders to keep going! Knowing you are willing to help is reassuring. All of the guidelines are still helpful to look back on, to see that I included everything.
4. What action that anyone(teacher of student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing? There wasn't anything.
5. What about this unit surprised you the most? Working on the compendium reviews and then working on labs turned out to be FUN! Also being able to feel confident in all the work I submitted!!

1 comment:

Larry Frolich said...

Amanda, fantastic work! Your lab is a gem of organization and clarity. And I enjoyed reading your essay—no simple solutions and you get at the heart of the issue! I am impressed by your dedication, organization and your ability to easily show that you’ve mastered the topics. Your compendiums are well organized and very complete! The labs, also. Keep it up!
LF