Tuesday, June 19, 2007

SELF and UNIT EVALUATION

1. What were the 3 aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of? For the most part I feel that for both of the unit compendium reviews, I put in a lot of time, effort, and researching to try and get my understanding across. I also feel that the cell model was a piece of work in itself, this project was time consuming, and I tried to condense all the information together to make it a solid project. The 3rd assignment, would be the labs. Figuring out how to maneuver around the website and finally arriving with an end result was a relief! The genetics, fly and microscope labs.

2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used improvement? Improvement could probably be found in both the Unit reviews: adding more detail and summarizing those ideas. If I had more time to work on the cell model, I probably could have integrated more information.

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit? I'm not sure how you grade, or how precise or accurate our labs need to be. For the hours, days, struggle, frustration, and relief of finishing in time I would hope to see an A on this unit. Its a focus factor to help get me through this condensed course, knowing I can do this :)

4. How could I perform better in the next unit? Now that I am aware of all the information that is involved in each unit, and approximately how long it takes me to complete something; time management is my main goal to work on. Setting more time, so I don't feel rushed or aggravated.

Unit ?
1. At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course? Working hands on with the cell model, and transferring my image into words. This gave me a better understanding of the cell life, DNA, and mitosis.
2. At what moment did you feel most distanced from the course? It took me a few tries to learn the microscope lab. For some reason my sound didn't work, and I found it easier to follow along with the computers narration.
3. What action that anyone(teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful? Having guidelines to follow were a big benefit. It gave me a general idea what to focus on.
4. What action was most puzzling or confusing? This is still frustrating to me: When working on a write-up, and inputting pictures, if I accidentally pressed the backspace one to many times my picture disappeared!!! I haven't found a undo button, therefore, I have to go through and re-arrange my photo!
5. What about this unit surprised you the most? Being able to finish all of the course context in a matter of 2 weeks on top of working, and other classes!! Its amazing what a person can do.

No comments: